Garlic Truffle Fries
- Russet potatoes (about 1 medium potato per person)
- Garlic – smushed through garlic press or finely minced
- Parlsey – chopped finely
- Truffle Oil
- Truffle Salt
- Oil to fry
- Equipment: Mandoline & oil thermometer
Optional: top with grated parmigiana or pecorino romano
- Cut potatoes. Soak in cold water for 1 hour or rinse several times until water drains clear. Drain. Pat very very dry or use salad spinner. Combine garlic and parsley. Use a paper towel to pat the garlic/parsley mixture to soak up any moisture.
- Heat oil to 325F. Fry the fries in batches, for 1-1/2 minutes until cooked but not browned. Remove and drain. They will be a soggy mess. Don't worry. Let cool.
- Heat oil to 375F. Fry them for a second time, in small batches for 1-1/2 minutes. You'll see that the fries will crispy up nicely. Remove and drain.
- Sprinkle with Truffle Salt while the fries are hot. Just before serving, toss with the garlic/parsley mixture and just a lightest drizzle of Truffle Oil.